My very white daughter wants to be Tiana for Halloween...

I have no problem with her wanting to be Tiana but she wants to get a black wig and everything. I am super afraid it's going to offend someone. She is 4 and a half so she doesn't understand that kind of stuff. Please don't bash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• My daughter dresses up like all of the princesses. Shes half black and so shes dark. Its so funny because she will be the first to tell you that she doesn't match the other princesses. lol. After all the crap we have put up with with our daughters the jerks who are offended I married a black man. I say SO WHAT! lol. People will think what they think. As long as your having fun than thats all that matters. :) Have fun!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't see how it could possibly be offensive that a 4 year old wants to dress up as a character (I honestly don't know who Tiana is, lol..I have a boy). I say let her dress up as her, and if someone gets offended, there is something wrong with THEM, not your daughter. I think it would be wrong to tell her that she couldn't dress up as someone bc she ISN'T black, actually.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That's a tricky one... I wouldn't want to say paint her face because I can see how that would EASILY be taken the wrong way. But I would say just let her go as the "white version."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• shes a kid let her it would make her happy, im hispanic n have a very very dark niece she was snow white for Halloween, it was cute.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If she wants to be Tiana then let her. If it offends someone that is their problem not yours. I am sure that kids other then white have been other Disney princess over the years.
    mandarellee

Answer by mandarellee at 7:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think it's sweet. Just make her Tiana! Get her a black wig, the dress, the whole outfit. I can't imagine why anyone would be offended by a four year old, it sounds adorable.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you should let her. She is only a kid and if they get offended then there is something wrong with them
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• lol. My daughter wanted to be 'Princess 'n' da Frog' to! She has no idea he name is Tiana. When we got to the store they were out so she picked Cinderella instead. No biggie.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• let her... anyone that is offended needs to pull the stick out their bum lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh if anybody were offended by it, screw them. My brother wanted to be MC Hammer when he was like 8. My Mom made him some parachute pants, got him a curly black wig and painted his face brown! LOL. It was hysterical. He went door to door in super conservative Montana where there is close to zero diversity. It was received well and nobody made any nasty comments.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010