Job interview tomorrow!!!!!!

I'm so nervous. I have a job interview tomorrow morning at 11am for a Medical Assistant job!! I'm so excited because I'm in my senior year of my Associate's degree to get my MA, but I have no MA experience, other than being a C.N.A. and a med tech. When I spoke to the woman on the phone I told her that I do not have any MA experience and she asked if I knew about blood pressure medication and heart medication and stuff because the job is at a Cardiovascular doctor's office. I do know about those medications, but I'm just scared for the interview. Does anyone have any advice as to some tactics I can use to really blow them out of the water and get the job?! She already has my resume and knows about my past jobs and experience. I'm just so nervous that I'm going to get to the interview and be too nervous to make a good impression!! PLEASE, I need some advice!! Thank you ladies :)

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 7:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just be yourself! Be confident and the job will be yours! Good Luck!
    SexyNeeNee94

Answer by SexyNeeNee94 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Try to get a good night's sleep. Do some breathing before bedtime. Take a long bath if that is your "thing". Dress comfortably, but conservatively, so you are not too warm when you go. Be yourself. I am excited for you!! Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks girls, I really hope so! :-)
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Look the interviewer in the eyes and sit tall. Bring your own pen for any papers that may need filled out and note pad just in case you need to take notes. Dress the part, slacks or a skirt and a blouse. Speak clearly and avoid slang. Be 5-20 min early and make sure your phone is off! Nothing worse than your phone ringing during the interview. Don't ask don't tell try to keep personal life out of the interview. Have goals in mind that you can share with the employers. SOund like you are passionate about getting the job but not desperate! lol. Send a thank you note to. That always looks nice and organized.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks, your advice is really helpful!! :-) I like the part about bringing my own pen and a notepad for notes. I will definitely dress up and make sure my phone is turned off! Oh my, I hope it get it!!! :-)
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I was just thinking about you again and wanted to mention that your nails should look neatly groomed. You don't need polish, but make sure they are neatly filed.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• thanks, eliza :-) I will make sure they are neat and clean! I'm reading up on job interviews on google and stuff, and I am researching the company's website and stuff. I am feeling more and more confident as the night goes on! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• be confident, you'll do fine I'm sure.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2010