Those who have had eating disorder adult content

I havent been diagnosed but i know that i have one, i have been making myself throw up for the past 8yrs, id take laxadives& dieters tea that would make u get the runs just to lose weight n i cant stop eating its more like an obsession that i have w/food, thats all that i think of is food, i hate it.I was always told that i was fat by my family even when i was a size 3, when i met my df i did gain a couple of lbs im 5'1''& weight about 137, but hubby is okay but my family points it out like hell n that just makes me want to eat more n of course i need to go throw up, i have told my Dr that i do that & the only thing she sd was do u want to see a counselor? i have seen a few but no progress, who else or what can i do to get help??? at times my throat hurts n im sure its because of that, im just tired n want to stop.

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• I definitely suggest going to counseling...please don't wait until something even worse happens to you. I had a minor problem with an eating disorder years ago that stemmed from hearing people talk about my weight. I just started working out and got healthy the right way and stopped starving myself. It might make you feel better to get yourself into a good workout routine and definitely see a counselor. Good luck!
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I haven't had an eating disorder, but I have had some experience in dealing with them in other people. If you aren't finding the counseling sessions beneficial, you may have just not found the right person for you. Or you may prefer a support group--have you searched for any meetings in your area? Many people find the camaraderie and understanding from groups of others to be more helpful than individual therapy. Any chance you could go to an actual rehabilitation center?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• hugsI've suffered with bulimia for years, when I get stressed it is 10x worse I am to the point that I can't really eat anything and I will vomit easily.... So your not alone, It is a hard thing to defeat.... I think you should try a counsler, they might be able to help... GL and stay healthy and f*ck what your family says, your beautiful

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have thought of rehab but have always been scared,
    gabby06

Comment by gabby06 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010