Seriously!??!

What do you think of THIS use of the 2009 AMERICAN Recovery and Reinvestment Act a.k.a The $787 billion Stimulus Bill?!

Federal government spends $823,200 on a UCLA based STUDY that aims to teach uncircumcised AFRICAN men how to wash their genitals after sex in order to reduce numbers of those infected with HIV!!!

Considering the economic mess this country is in, is this REALLY the best use of YOUR income taxes?! How does spending this money, help AMERICANS--you know, the supposed intent of The Stimulus Bill?!

This is just ANOTHER example of how The Stimulus Bill was NEVER intended to help Americans...it was just to pay back Obama supporters and their pet projects.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/75198

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 7:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, I am still stuck on the fact that GROWN MEN need to be shown the correct way to wash their tinky winkies. That is beyond pathetic.

I have an AIDS prevention tip for ya............keep your pants on.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If a man (or woman) has unprotected sex, I hope he or she is not relying on washing the genitals to keep from becoming infected with HIV. That sounds pretty stupid to me.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Since when is washing your hooha gonna keep you aids free any how? and does anyone know the interest rate on that loan? I'd love to know that... I know we are paying 450 billion in interest payments alone each year.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I am still amazed that some seem to think washing the genitals is a good AIDS prevention effort! Yourspecialkid, your method is the most effective of all!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thats an awful lot of money to teach a man how to wash his peepee.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• well..... first of all 800,000 is not a large percentage of 787 billion dollars. secondly, isn't ucla in america? why would it not be helping americans to spend the money at an american college? is it because they are doing the study abroad? i personally think the aids epidemic is very much in the interest of this country, and funding the study actually keeps american jobs so idk what your point is really. nothing in the article said they were paying the participants or anything like that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• ANything having to do with AIDS and educating people how to avoid the spread of it is important,IMO. That is not such a huge amount when you consider that there is a need for it. Or don't you care if AIDS is spread? I guess for you it isn't an issue,but it is in other people's lives.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Gotta keep those Lib institutions in $$$, besides people who need money for food and shelter are just NOT important! However, the cleaning of someone else's privates is at the top of someone's list in this admin. SICKOS!!! This is so absurd, I have grave difficulty with so much money being wasted, while so many people are suffering. I honestly don't understand how they can do this, they are a hateful, coldhearted bunch of jerks!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yeah.. that sounds pretty stupid.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• frustrated

29again

Answer by 29again at 9:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010