What are some common misconceptions about your religion or belief system?

And how do they make you feel?

Now, no attacking here. Let's all just try to LISTEN to what others are saying. :
:)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 7:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• pagan- alot of people including my mom thinks i worship the devil and do magick
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Atheist and people think I can't possibly have morals- since I never have them told to me in church
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• How do you feel when you hear things like that?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I was raised Seventh Day Adventist. I can't stand it when people say they are a cult, or that they are vegetarians because eating meat is against their religion. That "cult" threw me a baby shower and gave me everything I needed for my baby when I was single and alone. They didn't care that I was unwed, or anything else for that matter. They were happy for the new baby coming into the world. And they don't eat meat for health reasons, some actually fo eat fish and poultry. Although I do not go to church now, I have very fond memories of the things our church did together, like camping, singing, fishing, visiting nursing homes and playing music, barbeques, beach days, etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• lol i'm christian and people assume i'm going to start quoting the bible or try to convert them. i could care less what other people think about my religion and i don't care what they choose either. i think everyone has the right to choose whatever they think is right.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I feel like they are putting down my family and friends that I care deeply about!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I feel like they are putting down my family and friends that I care deeply about! "

Exactly. And no one should have to feel like that!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The worshiping the devil or being decieved by such a critter always gets me cuz it is mentioned a lot.

Cant worship or be decieved by something/someone you dont even believe in.

How does it make me feel? It makes me giggle and roll my eyes. I used to be there, feeling like anything outside my beliefs was just a deception of satan,etc(cuz my church was the only true church ya know) so I get where its all coming from so I dont hate or get angry at it. I just understand it and giggle cuz, in the end, it doesnt phase me or my life.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well, I'm Pagan... So lets see how many I can fit in this little box...

1. I worship the Devil or I'm a Satanist
    2. I participate in orgies
    3. I cast spells on people just to get what I want
    4. I Hate Christianity or am Anti-Christian
    5. I'm a Cult Member
    6. I practice animal or even human (yes I've heard that) sacrifice
    7. I reject Religion because I don't understand it.

Let me go eat dinner and I'll list you some more...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh, sorry, just saw the second part...

How does it make me feel? It makes me feel like we Pagans have A LOT of work to do! If people are still this uneducated at this day and age, we aren't making enough noise or impacting the world around us in enough positive ways... I'm not saying we should be preaching, just being noticed...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010