• In the Spotlight:

sushi.

i been holding back and i can keep holding back, but i cant help that i want it.
i dont eat the pickled fish (what ppl asume raw) or cooked.
i eat just veggie, not even with crab.
♥ ♥ ♥so is it really safe?
i'm looking at it like a penut allery.
♥ ♥ ♥ what if they used a knife to cut mine, that they used to cut the pickled fish?
♥ ♥ ♥is that a risk?

♥ ♥ ♥ or should i just learn to make my own?
♥ ♥ ♥ or just keep fighting urges?

baby safty much more important than my cravings.

frankye

Asked by frankye at 7:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just make your own it is really easy and fun and there are lots of good websites to help you on the way.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't eat sushi but many of my friends ate it infrequently during pregnancy. I asked my Dr. about Tuna when pregnant with #1 and he said it was fine in moderation.
    Alyssasmommy412

Answer by Alyssasmommy412 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think that it's probably fine as long as you're eating the cooked or vegetarian stuff, but I can see your concern on cross-contamination. I guess it would be safest just to make your own. I know how you're feeling. I CRAVED sushi while pregnant, go figure. I finally gave in and just bought some of that cooked crap that you can buy at the grocery store in a container in the deli section. It satisfied me enough to get my mind off of it. I swear, when I was pregnant, I would crave things and could think of nothing else, lol. I would DREAM about sushi, literally, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I eat sushi occasionally and I am 33 weeks now and my doctor said twice a week is the general rule for eating fish. I eat the the baked fish rolls only. Salmon is the safest too. I generally eat just the sashimi but it is raw so I have will wait a bit longer to eat that again.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010