How do I get my kids to stop screaming and yelling! I have a headache!!

No matter how many time outs, inside voice discussions, and talks we have, my kids do not speak in a normal tone of voice. They yell, scream, shriek, etc. I can't handle much more screaming and loud noise. My 3 yo and my 4yo provoke my 20mo to make her scream and shreak. THen they all start fighting and screaming. They can't just leave eachother alone. There's only one of me and three of them! I need a break!!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i was just going to post about this, my tittle was going to read "i cant stand my kids right now!!!' iknow how u feel its fustrating, my ds is 4yr& the other 21months, they drive me crazzzy!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm in the same boat and looking forward to answers! headache? my heads about to pop off!!!! i dont remember being like this as a child. man our parents totally had it easier. kids these days are horrible!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't get it! They have structure, they have attention! What is it! Even arts and crafts turns into a fight.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had a day like that last week. I even made a post about it. I put on a movie and we had movie day all day they were required to be quiet to keep the movies on. AND they were still loud.

Big hugs Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ahhhh, Daddy is home, I made him put them in the tub.....***sigh****
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Do they play outside to get all the energy out?
    I've noticed when my class get too loud I take the kids out and just have them play and run out all the energy. Before we go inside, we have screaming contests to see who can scream, shriek, yell the loudest. Then I tell them we need to preserve our voices so we can talk to each other inside but we are going to have to use a quieter voice. The kids are 3 and 4, all 20 of them. Sometimes they understand and when someone get too loud the other shush him/her. We usually blame the rowdiness on weather cause we've noticed it seems to around climatic changes that this occurs. Something like an old war injury acting up when it rains. It seems to be true so far. Good luck.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They go to the park, play outside(we have a swingset and sandbox and bikes and a powerwheel), they color, paint, do their chores.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010