Migraines!!!!!????

I used to have regular migraines. But ever since my 2nd daughter was born last month, my first epidural, i've been getting INTENSE pressure migraines, they hirt and throb like hell and last for very many hours up to 3 days. I feel the pain in my eyes and forehead, and my head feels so heavy. Could it be from epidural or is it just considered normal postpartum. Didnt happen with 1st child, which was natural delivery.Will these go away soon?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• My migranes took a while(almost 2 mos) for them to go away but my OB/Gyn gave me a prescript for a more intense Motrin and they where fabulous. He told me it was from the epidural. Call your doc for advice.
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 8:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• After my 2nd son was born I started getting almost daily tension headaches. I would have a headache that would last 4-6 days. My son is now 4 and I still have them. I started on Topamax over a year ago which helped tremendously. Topamax is a preventative migraine medicine. I stopped taking it 3 months ago to see if I could do without it, but the headaches returned. So i started back 3 days ago. Talk to your dr. to see what treatment options are best for you.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Talk to a neurolgist, they can best treat these issues.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2010