Am I too young to get married?

Before you point fingers at my parents, this was a choice made by Dillon and I. My parents agreed and were very supportive of my pregnancy :)

CRSimpson

Asked by CRSimpson at 8:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• how old are u?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• how old are you?
    lilmommakiser

Answer by lilmommakiser at 8:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sixteen-and-a-half. My SO is seventeen. I just finished school and Dillon has been out since last year.
    CRSimpson

Comment by CRSimpson (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• get married as young or as old as you want! if you think its right then go for it!!!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes,. I feel you're too young to be married. But what I feel doesn't matter. If you seriously think you can spend the rest of your life with your so, then good luck, and kudos.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I got married at your age and it's been so right for me. Feel free to PM me anytime I've been where you are, though my parents weren't quite so supportive.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• imo& im not trying to offend you but i think you are, im 27 i dnt know it all & have a whole lot to learn&live but at that age i too was married& made a lot of mistakes.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• When you are making posts about being worried your SO is gay then that screams CHILD! So I would have to say too young.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• personally I do... I thought I loved my HS sweetheart and he turned out to be the worst person ever... but maybe it is meant to be... GL and I hope it works out for you!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have no idea how old you are but if you are getting married based on the fact you are regnant it may or may not be a good idea. Only you really know. Keep in mind that you grow and change a lot between the ages of 18 and 25. You may be an adult at 18 and you may be mature at 18 but you continue to mature and change as you gain more experience as an adult. Make sure you and you BF are growing in the same direction. It can cause a lot of friction to have one person mature and grow in a different direction than the other. I married at 23. I love my DH dearly BUT we are different people than we were 7 years ago. We are having to work to make this marriage work. He is still growing up. It makes it hard. If I were to meet DH today I think we would be excellent friends but we would never get married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010