My son has had the running nose for about two weeks now, the doctor have gave him C-Phen but its not helping. He just stared daycare and i know that its germs everywhere. I just want his nose to stop running. Not even a minute it will stop. So please if there is somthing that i can do, please help??

emotions2280

Asked by emotions2280 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• prob his allergys .. get ur doc to prescribe him certizeine cheap brand of zyertic . my spelling is off. but u can buy zyertic OTC. its for allergys and its a little pricey.
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• there is this stuff called little noses...there is a spray to "clean out" their noses...then there is a gel that you rub on the inside of their noses and it prevents allergens (maybe germs he breathes) from affecting him...the are Both non-medicine types of things safe for babies and kids!!
    andee1216

Answer by andee1216 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I've tried saline solution for my daughter. We spray it in her nose and it seems to help for a few hours. Once in the morning, and the other before bedtime although you can use it all day long, I think. It's called "LIttle Noses"
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 9:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I use little noses and a humidifier for my little one when she has a cold.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We just went to the allergist the other day and I was discussing the same thing with her. She said people think they get summer colds, but the viruses are dormant in the summer and it is almost always allergies of some sort. My son takes (generic) Claratin - he's 2 and gets those runny noses and such that just don't stop. He gets 3/4 tsp once daily and it really helps - but he has to be on it consistently to work. If I give it to him only once in a while it doesn't do the job as well. I hate medicating my child, but I hate more that he is miserable.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had the same problem with my son. Claritin didn't help him any. So I tried Zyrtec, it worked so much better. If money is an issue, use the generic version.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010