Am I the only nerd?

So I play a lot of video games, not just the casual style ones but also big name ones and I play D&D and Magic. All my friends acknowledge that I am a nerd, but I can't be the only one right?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about being the only one...
    How about this,
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
    If you get it, your a nerd. If you don't , the verdict is out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Oh god I'm a total nerd. I don't play D&D or Magic, but I went to school and was friends with a bunch of people that did. I sat in on their game sessions a few times. I love video games :D I want a PS3 so bad, but I don't have the money to buy one :( GTA IV dammit! I'm also a huge movie nerd, my boyfriend and I love going to Rotten Tomatoes and reading movie reviews.

My daughter is going to grow up as a nerd too, if I have any say in the matter :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Awesome! I speak fluent binary!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• OMG, kaycee14, I'm a total nerd! My husband just bought me a t-shirt at Wal-Mart and it says "Video games ruined my life. I'm lucky, I had 2 extra lives left."
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Let's see here, I have a PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube, Nintendo DS ( a pink one!), Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, and the first Nintendo. Yeah... I think I'm a nerd too. LOL. I also watch a lot of Japanese Anime' with hubby. I'm getting into WOW and Diablo at the moment. Hee hee
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• we have the xbox 360 (which is ours) an N64 (which is my hubbys) and a sega dreamcast, sega genesis (2 actually), SNES, NES, and the original gameboy, which are all mine... i think i qualify as a nerd lol. i used to play magic but haven't since high school.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i like to think of myself as an "old school" nerd ^_^
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My hubby says we have a "his" and "hers" system. I have a wii and he has a PS3. I was raised on mario brothers, mortal combat, street fighter, ect. We even had a C64 (Commodore 64) when I was kid! LOL- OH yeah! I can tell you about the Marvel and DC universes, and what a 8 sided die looks like....heehee. Rock on! I don't think we are a bunch of nerds, I think we are FUN
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 5:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I LOVE video games. My hubby likes all the war styles, but we don't ever play those together because he cheats and looks at my screen - and I HATE that! There are two games which he flat out refuses to play with me: 007 on Gamecube, and any of the Guitar Hero's on XBox (because I spank his ass at both). He was gone with the Navy for most of my pregnancy, and since I didn't work, I became an expert in Guitar Hero. He doesn't like to admit it, but he's quite proud of my plastic-guitar skills...he always challenges people to a duel on my behalf. LOL.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2008