I desperately wish that I could believe in afterlife, heaven, spirituality...

I seriously do
then I would have some belief as to where I would go, besides the ground, when I'm dead. In my mind we're all just a bunch of organisms, like every other organism, except we have a wider variety of behaviors. I'm just at a loss, a depressing loss, sends me to tears every day. I just wish there was something more after, something, even little, that I could look forward to. I look at my child and my husband, my siblings, my parents and think some day I will not even have the capability of recalling this moment, no capability of touching them, nothing. I seriously have envy for religious or spiritual people sometimes because at least they have something to believe in. I so wish I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you tried different faiths? Tried going to a church? Tried Yoga (if it doesnt touch you spiritually at least you will be fit!) ?
    Sometimes we just havent found our truth.. and everyone has a different truth! Or else there would not be so many different religions out there!.
    I struggle very much because I have always wanted to be a church going family. I never went to church growing up (only went to church 6 times maybe in my 27yrs) and I want that for my kids.. BUT... As much as I believe there is A GOD... I have problems having faith in Jesus, I want to believe.. Want to believe with full heart.but its not just that easy.. I believe there are many paths to God.. NOT just the Christian path..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sorry there is no question, I just need to vent I guess, I am so depressed right now. The depression comes every time I think of this topic, I just have to wait until I can get my mind on something else. I wish I had someone to talk to, I have people who understand, but I don't want them to feel like I do by bringing it up all the time.

Thanks to anyone who responds.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• but think about it this way.... if you believe when you die there is nothing left and no part of you still lives, then you would not care that you don't have the capability of recalling this moment, touching them, etc. so if that's what you believe why would that be depressing? wouldn't that make you want to live each day to the fullest because that's all you have (in your mind)? why worry about things that you won't know anyway (because you'll be dead)?

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I care because I don't want to think that way, it's just how I think
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There is something. I know there is because my grandmother still visits me in dreams and one of my closest friends has seen it. It's not the Christian version of an afterlife, but there is one. This is where faith comes into play. But just in case make it count. Make every moment you have count and tell your family and friends you love them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• At one point I thought that maybe I should get in touch with spiriituality, because I lack this, and maybe some sort of belief will come to me. I think I will and like a PP said, doing yoga is great way to be fit, and also a great way to clear the mind. I think I will do this to try and reconnect with my inner ME and then explore some other realms of spirituality.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010