What Do I do if my child starts to cry as soon as i put her on her back just to change her diaper and then is ok a few seconds later?

Jennay3510

Asked by Jennay3510 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nothing.... most babies do that..... they're just pissed that they're getting their diaper changed instead of playing or looking around
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You just pick her up and comfort her after you finish changing the diaper.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• well she never used to do that and just all of a sudden she just did it
    Jennay3510

Comment by Jennay3510 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Lie her down gently and slowly---a change of position scares babies.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I use something to distract my 4 month old...ceiling fans--lights...toys?? something fun to keep her happy for a few moments...good luck...hopefully it passes and she won't mind it much longer!
    andee1216

Answer by andee1216 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My son was in this phase for AGES. It's normal, but it's such a pain in the neck. Sorry mama...hope it passes sooner for you than it did for me. He is 20 months old now and he still HATES being laid down at the doctor to be measured, and he throws a fit if I try to change his diaper in one of those public bathroom changing stations. He is obviously uncomfortable with something about it so I just try to be quick and reassure him the whole time that he is ok.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010