Do you use your kids as an excuse for guilty pleasures?

Everyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with everything Disney, and with pop music...but I like having kids to use as my excuse anyway. ;-)

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 8:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I found a bunch of my old favorite toys on eBay and Im using my 4 yo as as excuse to get them for her for Christmas :) I know she'll like them but of course I want them too bc Im a very sentimental person.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well my teen is into every thing horses so I love to indulge her.. Oh not the same thing. I guess not..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well, I do like that I can say I'm getting it for my kids when I buy animated movies. :)
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Nope. I don't have "guilty pleasures" if I like it, I like it, why should I be "guilty" about it... If I want it, or I get it, I don't need an excuse to do so, I'm a grown up and don't see any reason to deny myself things today when I many never see tomorrow...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LOL it was just a silly question. Obviously I don't actually feel "guilty" about anything I like, but I think it's funny when there are moms who deny that they like something and claim it's all for their kids.

I love that my kids enjoy so many of the things I do; it means we have a lot of fun every day.
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010