* 1 cup sugar (you can cut this down to 3/4 cup, if you prefer)
* 1 large egg
* 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1. Combine sugar and egg in mixing bowl, stirring till smooth. Add peanut butter and mix in thoroughly.
2. Roll into walnut-sized balls.
3. Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheets at least 2" apart.
4. Flatten with the tines of a fork.
5. Turn 90 degrees and use fork again to create cross hatches.
6. Bake 10 minutes at 375F (or till done). Let cool in pan for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.
I've found that if you use natural peanut butter the batter can be too runny, So I add a bit of flour until I get the consistency they need to hold their shape.
at 9:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010