my SIL

My SIL is going through a divorce and she has been seperated for over a year she currently has a new b/f who have been together several months now and she just had a miscarriage but found out she is expecting. She doesn't know how far along she is b/c the dr. refused to do an ultrasound . Is there anyway for her to request for her dr. to do the ultrasound, the dr thinks she is a couple of months along.

sweet_mamaof3

Asked by sweet_mamaof3 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Of course she can request to her doctor that she wants one and if he still refuses she needs to find another doctor and report this to the medical board that is refusing treatment and it is illegal, at least it is in my state.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• odd my doc would have ordered the utra sound just to be safe
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i know when i was preggo they did one to find out how far along i was and it just didn't make sense to me that he wouldn't do one. He said in SC we don't do them unless we have to I was like liar...oops maybe shouldn't have said liar but my dr did one when i lived in sc and found out i was 9 wks.
    sweet_mamaof3

Comment by sweet_mamaof3 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I am not saying that she is not telling the truth but generally Doctors will do an ultrasound to find out how far along the Mom is. They don't generally just take someones word for it because we can be off in our cycles. I would think maybe she has gotten an ultrasound and just doesn't want you guys to know the results.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• that is a very good possiblity
    sweet_mamaof3

Comment by sweet_mamaof3 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Can she try to get a different doctor? It sounds like she might have ongoing problems with this guy. Most docs do an ultrasound around 8-9 weeks to verify the gestational age of the baby. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i would go to a diffent doctor. every pregnancy i had i told them i was really unsure of my last ministral period and they did the u/s within the month.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She did tell us today that they are going to do bloodwork on friday and the dr said he can tell from the bloodwork how far along she is. So i'm not sure how well that will work.
    sweet_mamaof3

Comment by sweet_mamaof3 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010