If a buyer on ebay does not pay...

What steps should I take? I know I report her for unpaid item but will it affect me and can I relist that item? If anyone has been through this please explain what to do to ensure I don't get screwed or in trouble with Ebay. I'm new to it. I give her 7 days to pay and she will not reply to my messages.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Entertainment

• On your completed auctions page, where the auction is listed, there is a scroll down box, and at the bottom of the list it says "Report an unpaid item". After the 7 days have lapsed, select this option and follow the steps to report the buyer. There will be an additional waiting period to close the dispute to give them time to pay, but I don't usually wait, I just relist immediately, because, generally speaking, if they don't reply to your email they don't intend to pay most times. After the waiting period (10 days in most cases) you can file to get your FVF (final value fees) refunded. Your listing fees are not refundable, but if you relist and it sells successfully, ebay doesn't charge you for the relisting fees.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• report her and if she paid u threw paypal u can report her there too, and if u win the case and she doesnt reply threw paypal either then paypal might give u a refund but if u just did it threw ebay then you're screwed:( u can just give her a very bad comment so it can affect her if she wants to buy something else from someone else, and she'll get a strike.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Ok Thanks and I do have paypal which she was suppose to pay me with. I don't accept anything but paypal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2008