Need help with creative birthday party ideas! Any suggestions?

My son will be four years old next month and I need a creative theme for his birthday. I would like to do
Something outside of the usual cake and ice cream. I want to have a theme that is fun and creative.
Any suggestions??? Any and all ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance. :)

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 9:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have 3 boys, and did a lot of different themes. I think that the boys favorite was the Renaissance Birthday Party when my middle son was 5. He was king for the day, we had games that we got from the Renaissance Fair. Such as we put 2 bases out (baseball bases), and played tug of war, if you step off the base you lose and the next challenger is up against the winner, we served "medieval food" at the fair they serve giant turkey legs....we just did chicken drumsticks, fruit platter....lots of finger foods because they didn't have silverware. That kind of thing.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• what are his interests or hobbies? i always build a theme around that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The medieval theme is cute sounds like a lot of fun. My son is interested in everything
    That is fun and exciting. He likesthe characters on NickJr and Spongebob but we did that theme last year. I wanted to
    Get more creative every year with his interests because it changes every year lol! Thanks for replying ladies!
    momofonewntmore

Comment by momofonewntmore (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ice cream cone cakes. They work out well just grab and go. No messy ice cream. How about different types of sweets like a candy shop table.
    yourmysunshine1

Answer by yourmysunshine1 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010