If your pregnant are you allowed to park in a handicap zone?

I saw a pregnant lady parking in a handicap zone but she didn't have the handicap permit on her licence plate or inside her car, a man started yelling at her and threatend to call the police, I went in the store came back out and the police officer said that technically she qualifies as disabled because shes pregnant, did you know this?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 9:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess i understand if you are in your eight or ninth month cause you can have your baby at anytime.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• actually as far as i know unless you have ur dr put you on temp diasability due to a complicated pregnancy then your not suppose to but I know some stores have parking for pregnant ladies right beside handicapp.
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Really?? Wow, I did not know that. Nor do I agree. Except maybe if you are about to pop.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• As far as I know you may not park in a handicapped spot JUST BECAUSE you are pregnant. I think that cop was an idiot personally.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think pregnant women count as disabled. Thats why we get stork parking.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 9:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no.... that's not true. i think the cop was making that up to make the man shut up lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's my understanding that you would have to have a temporary handicap tag in your car to qualify for the parking. I'm not sure what specifications you must meet to get the tag. I know I certainly wished for more special parking when I was pregnant - Toys R Us was the only place I ever saw any.

Funny how the day I had my baby I circled the hospital parking lot for half an hour trying to find ANY place to park. I didn't realize it until I had been checked in, but I was actually in labor! Glad to know they have pastoral and handicap parking, but nothing for those pregnant.
    hobbyhorse

Answer by hobbyhorse at 9:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• thats faulse a preggy woman is not aloud unless you have the proper paper work and decal IN the window or ON the plate she should of gotten a ticket if they thought she was her docs should of filled out the proper paper work its hard enought to find handicap spots now in days worse when theres people parked in them that are not aloud to be and yes i am handicaped and i have all my proper paper work :D
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• really??? just cuz she's pregnant she can't walk through the parkng lot??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think that's possible. When I was pregnant with my kids, I didn't even get stork parking. DH would drop me off at the door when I couldn't fit behind the wheel.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010