Has anyone out there had an endometrial ablation?

cdwilber

Asked by cdwilber at 9:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• I had one last summer. I didn't have periods for a long time afterwards. Now, I have a very light one every 4-6 weeks.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 9:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had it done a year ago, it was called the Novasure procedure.... Most painful 90 seconds of my life, but I haven't had periods since, and mine were horrible. I couldn't leave the house I ws bleeding so heavy.. I don't recommend it if you aren't finished having babies, but if you're curious about it, talk it over with your OB, and read up as much as you can. GL If you want to know anything, feel free to ask!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No... though I had an endometrial biopsy done last week.......( I bleed from 10-18 days, very very heavy clotting/flow.....Im wondering if they are gonna suggest this to me after all the pain Ive been going thru for years actually. My baby days are over...but Im unsure about that proceedure.

I agree with MrsLeftlane............read up about it and talk with your OB/GYN specialist. As we women know... there are risks with everything.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sounds like something to talk over with your OB. I hope he/she can give you the answers you are looking for. It is smart to have a list of questions ready for your appointment.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010