Touching up roots

Is there an easy way to just do your roots? I usually end up doing all my hair and I know this causes a build-up on the ends. I know they sell stuff for just a touch-up but that is about $7 and that is just for one use.

Carolannie

Asked by Carolannie at 9:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I am a stylist and I am not sure if they have a Sally's Beauty Supply or something similiar to that where you live but you can buy haircolor from there that is higher quality than box color and lower quality than salon color. Usually the workers can help you match your hair color. You have to mix the color yourself and probably buy an applicator. Put the color on your roots and for the last 10 minutes of the process pull it through to your ends. You should be good :) Or go to a salon and you don't have to go through the worry and trouble :) It is usually cheaper after you get it colored. At our salon we charge for an all over color but if you are just retouching it is a little bit less since you don't use that much color. Sorry I rambled.... Good Luck!
    erinweiss

Answer by erinweiss at 10:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would be nervous to do just my roots- I would be afraid it would turn out a different color than the rest of my hair
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• maureenmich, hair "paint" is typically made with metalic salts, which is not good for your hair..

it is also very difficult to change or recolor after it's applied so I would not recommend it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'd go to your stylist to have it done.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They sell hair "paint" which is one time use - you can use it every day until you get a chance to recolor everything.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 12:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010