Can a Christian loose their Salvation? What do you think?

Do you have scripture to back it up?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I honestly don't know.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes they can it's a FREE gift, but just like with any gift in life you have the choice to use it, throw it in the back of the closet and never use, give it away, or even throw it away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i don't believe so. scripture says that ''nothing will separate me from the love of God''..i take that to mean nothing i do will ever be so much that He turns his back on me.
    some believe yes, if you died 'in your sin', you are lost. i tend to think if i had salvation in the fullest, if i were to sin, my heart would be so convicted, i'd have to talk to God about it, and like any loving parent, He's welcome me to come to him, to clear the air. God knows my heart, and my walk. if i am to believe nothing will separate me from his love for me, then i am to believe i will never go too far that He can't reach me, and draw me back.
    its much easier that way...i have no fear of dying. does this mean i can go out and 'sin'? no, but i have a lifeline, so to speak, that is constantly connected (a relationship, they call it). if i'm constantly connected to Good/God, i am less likely to screw up.
    (its late, hope you understood that.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My fundamentalist Baptist brother does not think so, just that we would get fewer gifts in heaven.

“I give eternal life to them, and they shall NEVER perish.” John 10:28
    “I will NEVER desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
    “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

I was baptized and saved as a teenager, but now have no opinion since I left Christianity.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think it is possible...If you honestly denounce God and truly become an unbeliver I don't think He would force you to spend eternity with Him
    lee63

Answer by lee63 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Anng.atlanta, I have a question. Did you leave your relationship with Jesus Christ or did you leave the church?
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I gave up religion altogether, so I guess you could say both.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh anng.atlanta, I can understand you walking away from church. But why walk away from someone who loves you the way He does? I mean, the price He paid, so you could have a future and a relationship with your Father in heaven? I'm just cerious. I didn't know He hurt anyone enough for them to walk away from Him....
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I didn't walk away because I was hurt. I started doubting the validity of the bible through research into religious history and lack of proof of all the miracles and creation. My mind is very logically wired, and when I stepped away and asked myself why I believed in these stories, I could not come up with anything other than that's how I was raised and that believing somebody great loved me helped me through some insecurities. That wasn't enough to hold onto a belief in a god or a perfect son. Science fits much more to my way of thinking.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes it is possible:
    (2 Peter 2:20-22) . . .Certainly if, after having escaped from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, the final conditions have become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it accurately to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them. The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire. 
    (Hebrews 10:26) . . .For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left
    (Matthew 24:13) He that endures to the end is the one that will be saved
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 11:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010