Moving out of state??

My ex and I split up before our now 3 month old daughter was born. He lives in california and i now live in florida. I know there are certain laws about moving out of state with your child without the other parents permission, but what about my situation? if he wants our daughter to live in california, do i legally have to have her out there since he never said it was okay for me to come to florida? she was born here, but conceived there... im just not sure what the laws are for this situation. any advice would be helpful!!!!

xo_shelby

Asked by xo_shelby at 9:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• the only advice i have is see an attourney very soon...dont wait
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I am not sure....but I think some of that pertains to couples who were married. I don't know. But if she was born in FA and always lived there and you 2 were never married, not sure you would have to move to CA with him.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Find out how the law will effect you in Florida and California . You want to cover all bases.
    janitablue

Answer by janitablue at 9:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010