Everyone keeps telling me she is too young

My 20 month old started potty training about 2 months ago b/c she saw big sister do it so she wanted to now all my family is like she is too young ..I'm not forcing her she tells me when she needs to go and I take her. She always knows her abc's now and she can count to three .

sweet_mamaof3

Asked by sweet_mamaof3 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Who cares what other people say? If she is ready, she is ready. As long as you aren't pushing her then I don't think there is such a thing as too young. My son showed interest at 19 months but then changed his mind, lol. Now when I ask him if he wants to go on the potty he always says no. He is 20 months too. And he loves to count and do his ABC's, but he doesn't get any of them right just yet. So cute to watch them learn this stuff!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LUCKY YOU! :D

As long as you are working within her capabilities and not pushing her too hard then she is fine. She sounds like one smart little girl, Good Job Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would be jumping for joy instead of questioning what my inlaws think! If she is doing it on her own then keep doing what you are doing!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's when she decides when she wants to go and wants to leave diaper behind. My son one day decided he wasn't going to wear a diaper anymore and he didn't. He didn't even wet the bed although I has those diapers ready for him in case it was needed.
    This is going to be one of the few times your child will decide when something is going to happen on her time and not yours. She might be "too young" but she feels she's ready. It could also be a phase, and she might revert to diapers when she gets over the novelty.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 9:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Great!! I don't think she is too young, at all!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ever child is different if your 20 month wants to potty train let her. Please remember that might be set back she might want to wears her pulll ups etc etc. I hope that she is sucess with her potty train.
    janitablue

Answer by janitablue at 9:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Be proud, be excited Dont listen to what anyone else has to say. A child will do it when he or she is ready too. =)

Just be ready for it in case all the sudden she stops. (which may or may not happen) Enjoy it....

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If she wants to be potty trained, by all means let her! Don't listen to anyone else. She's your child and you know what's best for her. Good luck!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My son is also 20 months old and he love his potty and tries to go all the time!!
    Mommy2533

Answer by Mommy2533 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i dont thinks shes to young. every little one learns at different ages. i would be thrilled if my future baby learned abotu the potty at 20 mos old!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 10:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010