Do you work the night shift.........

What do you do on your off days to keep with your schedule and/or entertain yourself? Most everything around me shuts down around 9 or 10 PM, so there is never anything to do on my off days cause I try to keep my same sleep schedule so I not exhausted on Monday night.

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 9:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• My husband works the night shift, and he keeps his regular hours. He usually just watches his recorded shows and surfs the internet. Sometimes he even does housework.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 10:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• before I got married i used to work the night shift. no I didn't keep my sleep with my days off. I did all the stuff i had to catch up on u know cleaning wash that kinda stuff. Then when I had to work again it took a day to get back to my sleep pateren..lol it's hell and I am glad I am not doing it any more..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i did for the past three years. i just got back on daylight! i hated it, at first it was alright, but then my body couldnt keep up because every day was something different, and every day i slept at different times. somedays i wouldnt sleep and others id sleep all day. i jsut couldnt do it anymoer, so i just took the paycut and went back to daylight. ive only been back on daylight for a few weeks and feel so so much better!!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Worked nights for 13 years so we didn't have to have daycare. I would come home, take the children to school and sleep until I had to pick them up for school. In the summer, I would stay up all day with the children. We would do 1 hour housework, 1 hour yard work and the rest of the day was for fun. I always did activities with them so I could stay awake. Then I would sleep from 5pm to 10 pm then off to work. On my nights off, I was so tired I would sleep all night long, no problem.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I use to stay up from my shift on thursday and just take a nap during the after noon. and go to bed like most day shift people. Saturday's I'd be up around 10 am until whenever.. and sunday I would wake up around 10 am.. and take a 2-3 hour nap before my shift started at 11 pm.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• This was before I had a kid, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

• My husband works nights, and when he's off he just plays video games, lol. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I used to work rotating shifts - I just made the best of it and napped during the day like the other moms have said.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010