Obama? Reperations?

All that he has to say I completely agree with and I must face facts that he says what is needed..But do you think that he will raise the "Necessity" of Reperations? This is my ONLY hang up of voting for him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• There is not need for reparations. My great grandfather was black but I look white will I get money? It is really ridiculous many are biracial and have slave owners and slaves as ancestors. So they pay themselves. Time to move on and take responsibility for our lives. We all have the opportunity to make it if we choose to make good choices and live responsibly. Race is not what holds people back poor attitudes and chips on the shoulder are.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Oh geeze, this is rediculous. I would bring against a lawsuit if I'm punished for what my ancestors did hundred years ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I don't understand this sentence of your Header

"All that he has to say I completely agree with and I must face facts that he says what is needed"

Please explain so I can better understand your point/position.  Thx

Otherwise, Isn't Obama against "Reparations'? http://www.blackvoices.com/newsarticle/_a/obama-opposes-slavery-reparations/20080802090309990001

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Not unless he's going to take on the cause of Sovereignty for all Native American Tribes rather than just the ones living near of tourist destinations, or figuring out which persons of South American citizenship are actually displaces American Indians who fled into the hills of Mexico to avoid being put on reservations.

There are many (now) minorities who underwent atrocities in the name of colonialism. Only one minority was promised any kind of financial compensation or return from it. How much is attempted genocide worth?

Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• If you really watch the debates, you can see how Obama is not a victim of what has been said about him during this campaign. He moves on and seems to be dealing with the main issues, and doesn't seem to get his personal feathers ruffled. I find this to be an excellent quality in a leader.

VintageOfYore

Answer by VintageOfYore at 8:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Huh? His father wasn't a slave here...why would Obama try to get reparations for blacks? Do you think just because he's half black that he'd do that? Ridiculous. The man is concerned about the issues and reparations aren't one of them.

JaidedEchani

Answer by JaidedEchani at 9:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I believe that this question is kind of ignorant. Believe it or not my great grandfather was a slave and I'm not hung up over. Not all black people are still hung up over slavery. Are many of us still upset over was it has done to the black community, yes, but are we all trying to get paid from it, no. Just because the man is black doesn't mean that he is going to give us money. This question makes me SO MAD!!!
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• YES--he does--but not just a check--with Universal Govt Programs--his "Redistribution of Wealth."

http://www.smallgovtimes.com/2008/03/does-obama-favor-slavery-reparations/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2008