what do you think about polygamy???

watching the 19th wife (lifetime movie). I can't believe that these women actually go along with this!!!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As long as all people involved are legal ADULTS and have not been brainwashed or coerced, then I am all for marrying who you want.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't get why it is "okay" for the Guy to have all these wives, but the poor woman gets stuck with just 1 Husband. Screw that. If he and fuck all 19 of us, then I want a harem of guys to pick from too
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would love a sister wife. It's my DH that doesn't agree with plural marriage. Personally I can't think of a better deal than to have a best friend in the house, helping with the kids, the house work and the hubby... I honestly don't understand why so many are so against it. On the other hand, I'm not sure I would want to be the husband in some these houses... Have you seen the interviews with the guy from "Sister Wives" yet? He's already said with 4 wives he still sleeps on the couch some nights! lol! I mean, think about having 4 wives pissed at you... lol! But I'm all for it assuming everyone is over 18 and is entering in to the marriage of their own will - as with any other marriage... Beyond that, what a family does is their business and not mine, many are happy that way - I know I would be!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Its not for me, but if the people are legal adults, who consent of their own volition, its not my place to deny them the right to choose what they do with themselves. To each their own.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I thought you were going to refer to TLC NEW show that should be airing soon... called Sister Wives
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i would have to be the first wife. that way i could treat the other wives like my servants. muhahahah evil i know but that's what they do
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maureen - Modern Plural Marriage advocates DO advocate for women to have the right to marry more than one man... Just as they do men having more than one wife or even a group of more than one man and more than one wife being married... But why anyone would want a second husband is beyond me... The one I have leaves more than enough socks behind the door for me to deal with - two would kill me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i couldnt do it. I would want to beat them both. I wouldnt want a second husband either. one is plenty enough
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 10:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't agree with it, marriage is between 2 people, not one man and multiple women. The sad thing is some of these "wives" are as young as 12 or 13 years old...they are FORCED into the marriage. They are lied to, threatened, abused, etc. Did you know that most of these multiple wives are on public assistance because the "husband" can't support all of the wives and kids and the only marriage that is recognized is the first marriage?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I could care less who other people marry.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010