What would you think/do if this happened to you?

My dh and I are friends with a guy and his newer girlfriend (they've been together for about 6 months now, we've known the man for many years). Anyways, when our buddy 1st introduced us to his gf I noticed that she was model pretty and really nice, we immediately hit it off. When they left, my dh made a comment that she had been staring at him all night and he thought she wanted him. I didn't notice anything.

Dh made the same "she stares at me, I think she wants me" comments a few other times throughout the months but I kept telling him that I saw nothing inappropriate going on. Tonight while we waited for our friends to come over for dinner, my dh and I began having small talk about them. Again he said that the gf stares at him when he talks and that he thinks she'd rather be with him than his friend.

I'm getting to be pretty good friends with this girl and she is showing NO signs of liking my dh. What's going on here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Your dh is hot for her and is trying to make something between them when there is not. You know... fabricating it in his own mind.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• he probably thinks shes hot or he wants her
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You think maybe he has a thing for her and he feels guilty about it?? I guess if you are seriously concerned you could limit your interactions with them.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• he's trying to boost his ego thinking that she is interested in him. i would tell him to get real and if he keeps on threaten to call his bluff and say well i could ask her lol. i'm sure he doesn't believe it.... he's trying to make himself feel good imo (and maybe trying to make you jealous? idk why he would tell you otherwise)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't understand why he woud keep saying it. Once in ok, but on and on. He must think she is hot. Or trying to get a rise out of you.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think your DH wants her and him saying the "she wants me" he is thinking that in his mind maybe it will come true. If I were you I would keep an eye on the situation
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe he's just saying it to see what reaction he gets out of you? I really think that if she kept staring at him that you would definitely notice it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well for me I see 2 things...one, he doesnt like that you and the gf are getting along....control issues? 2nd he is trying to make you jelolus maybe?
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• he wants to see your reaction before he make his move, if he is annoyed that this woman is staring at her he would address the issue and ask the girl himself if this girl is really staring.
    ChoeBZB

Answer by ChoeBZB at 2:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• He is trying to boost his ego. That is all I see. And like someone else already said, tell him you can ask her for him if he wants and see what he says/does then.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010