Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

anyone else have their dhs services outsource - stuff like childcare assistance?

I am full time student looking for work and Not having any luck... as far as i know though a full time student can use child care assistance... but everything is so slow it's be over 10 days from turning in all necessary info and IDK what is going on AHHH


Asked by MoMoFu at 10:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 19 (7,735 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • DHS should have a list of qualified providers, then you gotta get on the phone and start seeing who has openings...lots of legwork!

    Answer by Maureenmich at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • not sure about your area but in WI full time students do not qualify for child care

    Answer by skittles1108 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • I'm In IA. last time i checked in IA we do... I hope that hasnt changed...

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • ugh i tripple checked and yea I am eligible for CCA if i am a full time student. but all the same.. idk what i am going to do for my baby sitter.. I have been in school for almost a month...

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • not for me. i saw the child care assistance thing in the news while i was pregnant... i was a single parent so when i went back to work i saw that as a fair opening to help myself work... omg daycare is like 500+ a month. I live in a place where work is hard to come by and jobs dont pay above minimum wage... idk a ton of people who can afford childcare without at least alittle help.

    I have had the same since i went back to work. I don't want to use anyone else as i trust her... big deal you know? so regardless of payment method i will go back to her. she is state approved already

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010