anyone else have their dhs services outsource - stuff like childcare assistance?

I am full time student looking for work and Not having any luck... as far as i know though a full time student can use child care assistance... but everything is so slow it's be over 10 days from turning in all necessary info and IDK what is going on AHHH

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 10:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• DHS should have a list of qualified providers, then you gotta get on the phone and start seeing who has openings...lots of legwork!
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• not sure about your area but in WI full time students do not qualify for child care
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm In IA. last time i checked in IA we do... I hope that hasnt changed...
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• ugh i tripple checked and yea I am eligible for CCA if i am a full time student. but all the same.. idk what i am going to do for my baby sitter.. I have been in school for almost a month...
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• not for me. i saw the child care assistance thing in the news while i was pregnant... i was a single parent so when i went back to work i saw that as a fair opening to help myself work... omg daycare is like 500+ a month. I live in a place where work is hard to come by and jobs dont pay above minimum wage... idk a ton of people who can afford childcare without at least alittle help.

I have had the same since i went back to work. I don't want to use anyone else as i trust her... big deal you know? so regardless of payment method i will go back to her. she is state approved already
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010