try to get pregnant now or wait?

im 33 and my husband is 47. i have 2 kids from a previous marriage 9 and 6. i can think of reasons for both sides. were not getting any younger thats for sure. we dont have tons of money and who knows what the hell will happen with our jobs. they arent the most stable. not alot of room in the house but the baby could be with us for a while and then maybe share a room with one of our other kids. but is that fair to them? who knows, maybe well be able to buy a bigger house later or put an addition on to this one. my parents occasionally help us financially and i dont want them to feel obligated to help support another one. my husband desperately wants a child of his own and i would love to have one with him. im afraid if we wait it wont happen at all. the kids now are becoming more independent and id have to start all over again too. i need some advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it's up to the both of you when you wanted another child. You both need to make the decide if it's right for you.

cat708

Answer by cat708 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I understand that your hubby wants a kid and you want to give him what he wants, but think about what is best for your children you have now and for that child you might have. If you have to have assistance from your parents occasionally, you aren't financially prepared to bring another child into this world. I would say that now is not the time, especially since you said your jobs aren't stable. Maybe one day you guys will be in a place where you can do it, but for now I'd say to tell him that even if they aren't biologically his, your 9 and 6 year old are still his children and he needs to live for them and not dream of another one.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• imo....it doesnt sound like a good time...if ever...and just by the way you worded that my instinct says you really dont want to start over and you dont want to have another financial responsibility but you want to make your hubby happy...is that enough reason for you?
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think thats a decision you and your husband should make together. Bring up what you have told us to him. If he wants you to have a baby with him then maybe he should find a better and more stable job.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2010