About how much money was your wedding in all?

Just about how much. Im gettin marry in 2012 and im thinkin about how muich money Im goin to need and what not.

sguy1983

Asked by sguy1983 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• 2K. I'm pretty sure that's well below the average though. Good luck.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we got married in 2003. We paid about 10,000 total for everything. We also saved for several years for our wedding.... so no debt from that.... but ended up accumulating debt from other things later :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• flowers 150 dress 300 marriage licence 25 food 200 and thats all we spent everything else was free thanks to family taking pics and church ( great grandma is a member) also took care of pastors father when he went into the home
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My answer probably won't be much help...mine was about $300, if you count the dress/shoes/jewelry, license & ceremony fees, and the dinner we ate after the fact. LOL. We couldn't come to an agreement with my parents about where/when to get married, so we eloped (though my parents came, so it wasn't much of an elopement ;-). Good luck with planning - the price really comes down to what kind of event you want, the number of guests, etc. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I was thinkin about buying some things now and save them for the weeding so I don't have that much to do and only pay for well were ever we have the wedding at.
    sguy1983

Comment by sguy1983 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We eloped to the Bahamas. Wedding/honeymoon combo was $3500 including flight, having fun, and the wedding. Reception back home was $2000 with a private caterer and booze for 100 people.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's hard to say because my dad paid for it all. However, when I lost count the running total was somewhere around $10k. We had a fairly small wedding, but wedding crap REALLY adds up. It's insane how over-priced everything is when it comes to weddings!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had three weeks to plan my wedding and it ended up costing us 1,000$ That is the dress, food, decorations, flowers, cake and rings . We got married in my Aunt's backyard on the Fourth of July Weekend ( July6th 2002). .
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 10:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I really don't know, because my aunt did all the decorations and the cakes, and our church provided the reception snacks. I only paid about $100 for my dress. So mine was really cheap. I just wanted a simple ceremony at our church though. Ok, really I would have been happy outside in jeans, but my now-hubby wanted to see me dressed up, lol. I know the majority of weddings cost WAY more than mine was.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We got maried in Vegas. Not including the airfare. My dad spent $1500. And that includes a reception back home in texas
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010