A question for Christians...

What do you think happens to people who are never introduced or taught about a Christian God?

There are people who live in remote areas and truly never are exposed to Christianity. Are they doomed to Hell, even though it's not their fault and they've never seen a Bible?

Wouldn't a loving God understand?

I'm honestly just wondering, I'm not trying to in any way put down Christianity or your beliefs.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Nope they dont go to Hell its in the Bible. They wont be punish for what they didnt know. That why its called spreading the gospel.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• there are several views on this. some people believe that they will go to hell bc they were not baptized. some people believe that they will have the opportunity to accept jesus on judgement day. idk personally. i guess we'll just have to wait and see

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I also know that some sects of Christianity believe that since God is all-knowing that he has the ability and foresight to see if given the chance, whether or not someone would accept him. But I know not all Christians believe that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• God judges the heart, and He can make Himself known to other who are not around Christians of the bible. However Christ did say before He ascended to Heaven that His follower are to preach to ALL nattions Luke 44-52.
    Also, the bible tells us the character of God throughout, that he is GOOD, POWERFUL and JUST, and much more. If He is all these things and when we die we have to give an account of our lives I trust that He will follow through with His character. I will look for a verse that may answer your question more clearly though.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There is only 1 true God, but he goes by many many names. Just because they don't know God i.e. Jesus, doesn't mean that they don't know God. I am sure they have a spirit that they worship, and unless that spirit is Satan, then chances are pretty good that it is God.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It is my belief, though this IS a very tough topic and spawns a lot of debates, that the only people who go to Hell are those who have heard God's word and rejected it in their heart. I believe that those who have truly never heard of Him will be given the chance to either reject or accept Him when he comes back to collect his followers.

I wish I had a better answer. This is actually something I've been exploring myself as of late, because I want to be able to give a thoughtful response when asked.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Traditionally they would not be punished, because they do not know. I don't believe that any one who is a good compassionate person will go to hell. I believe HELL is a place for people like Hitler, and Bundy. Whether they are taught of god or not. It is common sense not to torture and kill people.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, I don't believe people automatically go to hell because they have never heard of Jesus.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There is only 1 true God, but he goes by many many names. Just because they don't know God i.e. Jesus, doesn't mean that they don't know God. I am sure they have a spirit that they worship, and unless that spirit is Satan, then chances are pretty good that it is God. "

^^^^ Perfect answer. At least, when comparing to what I believe. This is exactly how I feel.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• oh and on a more personal level. There is a man at our church who is from Iran I believe, has a muslim family. God actually came to him in a dream and he followed, abandoned the muslim religion and came here. God can make Himself known to anyone at any time.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010