13 month old is fussy and spits up milk?

I am having a hard time with milk, for my 12 month old I tried switching 1/2 and 1/2 yet he does a little better just formula. He gets gassy fussy and spits curdled milk back up. is it too soon for milk should I switch to soy???

dotmentzer

Asked by dotmentzer at 2:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He may be allergic. I would talk to a doctor. Good luck. This must be difficult.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Has he been sick lately? I read somewhere that when kids are sick they can become lactoce intolerant. My son was really fussy as a newborn and after trial and error we found he had a milk allergy. It never hurts to try soy or rice milk has neither soy or milk in it. Hope he feels better. Might try mylicon drops in him milk once a day to help the gassy tummy. Dont you just hurt for your babies when there poor little tummies hurt. Its just so awful to go through with them.
    BrensMomma

Answer by BrensMomma at 7:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008