Why is God always the answer to Christains?

My issue is money and unless God is going to pay my bills then he really can't help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think he is...at least not to all Christians.My mom is a Christian and she doesn't expect God to do everything for her. She also takes personal responsibility for her life. In my opinion, you shouldn't pray for things like money and such. Instead, you should pray for the strength to get through those things. I do believe he can help with that. I'm sorry you're going through financial troubles.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• To: Maureen-MD.... I agree with everything you said EXCEPT automatically knocking her for misspelling! Was that necessary??? That comes across as very rude to me!!!
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 10:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• God isn't going to pay your bills, but he can give you strength through this tough time and he can also help you find the opportunity that's going to help you move forward. I'm sorry you're having money troubles; I am too and it is one of the most stressful things in the world. By letting God take the reins, you let Him take care of your stress for you, and you can rest easier knowing that you don't have to face this tough time alone.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Simply - because HE is! He is the answer to everything. We all have ups & downs. Take a look at your life. How many times have you been truly blessed? How often have you HAD the money to pay your bills? Are your children healthy? Do you have food to eat? Sure God won't pay your bills, but as long as you have faith He will help you through your hard times. Can I say I have never had a bad time? Nope - cuz bad things happen for various reasons. Sometimes they are a test. Pray for help, pray for your needs to be met, pray for some peace of mind. But you have to believe these things will happen. Sometimes God will open a door that you don't know existed. sometimes you will have to wait and struggle through. In the end you will be stronger & He is counting on that. I am sorry you are having a hard time right now, but with a little faith & prayer God will guide you through. And disregard the misspelling thing - that was unnecessary!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No God is not gonna swoop down and deposit a large sum of money into your account. He works more mysteriously than that.

I will tell you there have been many times in our lives when we were in need and things just showed up when needed that were NOT expected!

sometimes God does not want you to know that it was him who helped you out...by maybe giving you a new job or a raise or increasing your hours for you...etc....he wants to see your FAITH in him as your provider and your gracious attitude for the things he has given you.

People miss that whole faith part of it....you have to believe in him and he will reveal himself to you...not the other way around...sorry.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Because that is why we are Christians. We believe in God. Not money. God didn't invent money.
    treece

Answer by treece at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Im not really sure how to answer this question, but first I can say that your right God wont pay your bills, but I myself am a Christian and I can say that God has brought me out of so much suffering in my life. He has helped me through things that I myself would never have been able to get thrugh and continues to help me each day. It is the Faith christians put in God that carries us through, and the Bible says where two or more stand in agreement your prayers will be answered. God can work miracles, as I have seen in my own life. I am not trying to force my belief on you in any way, but I do know that when God was not in my life, my life was not the same as it is today. God cant help those who do not put there faith in him, and sometimes the answers to our prayers is no unfortunantly but that does not mean he does not love us. Sorry if this does not help but I can tell you that God loves you. God is the answer in my life.
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• 1st of all, let's spell Christians correctly.

And while God maynot pay your bills for you, he will lead you to a better employment opportunity that will enable you to pay your bills.

With Him all things are possible
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Because God is the answer.
    He may not be able to pay the bills, or put food on the table, but there are more important things that He can do for you.
    The struggles we go through in life make us stronger, they teach us lessons that we need to learn.
    God is always the answer, maybe you just arent asking the right questions.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I will not knock Christianity.. but at the same time... I can say the same thing for my spells. Focused energy (Christians call it prayer.. I call it a spell) leads to results. Others say it is mysterious, I just say I joined my energy with that of the Universe and it was focused on my intended outcome. Namaste :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010