Whistle while I work....or sleep!

I am currently 7.5 months pregnant with my first baby. I started working as an STNA (state tested nurse aid) at a nursing home when I was about 5 months. Previous to that I trained young unbroke horses and worked on a farm - so I'm not a weakling :) Lately I have been feeling extremely drained, way more than usual (obviously since I'm about to pop!) to the point I fall asleep on my lunch break at work even after sleeping for 10 hours every night. I need to know if I should cut back on work or what? They do not have a program for 'light work' and the women in there are very concerned about me by always asking how long I'm going to do it, because of the physically demanding work (lifting/ rolling residents) I just don't want to hurt myself or the baby...am I over reacting?

itsaboy1208

Asked by itsaboy1208 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• A lot of women who were physically active continue to be up until their 8th month of pregnancy. I think I would continue working,but cut your hours back slightly to see if that helps. Also, maybe you could talk to a nutritionist who might be able to help you figure out some snacks for a 'pick me up' feeling midshift when you are ready to fall asleep. Also- if there is something physically demanding, perhaps enlisting the help of someone near by would be ok? Like "hey can you help me roll this resident..."

MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2008