what can you take

what Bi Polor meds can you take while preg my hubby and i are tlaking about having another i know the meds i am on i cant take does anyone know

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• PLEASE talk to your psychiatrist, not your ob/gyn. I was on meds for depression and anxiety, and had to change them when I got pregnant. My ob/gyn was a GREAT ob/gyn, but she made lousy choices for my psych meds. I had to go back to the psych to get it worked out. Go talk to your psych first and get yourself situated. :) good luck!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not sure. An OB/GYN would be the best person to ask.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you have to talk to your dr cuz some drs will say such and such meds are ok to take while another dr might say those same meds are not safe to take.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i got off my bi polar meds when i was pregnant didnt want to take the risk
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yeah i have a apt to talk to my doc who gives me my meds and i am worried about it we are wanting another one soon so i was going to talk to her before we tired of course didnt want it in my system when we try.
    I have been on it for 3 months so idk what to do i was looking it up and i couldnt find really any i can take
    mama2twins07

Comment by mama2twins07 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010