What do i do?

Ok so my bros gf & i got n2 a text fight last wk...we both said some f***ed up things to each other such as she said i sleep around & started naming guys i've dated, also said im an alcoholic and i need rehab & my whole family hates me... i told her shes an ex drug addict that brags about it a homewreckr n just has babies w any1 to try to get love...(she has two kids frm two different men and has been trying to have one w/ my brother for about a year!!)...Point is we talked alot of crap to e/o...in any cse she felt the need to tell my mom tht i said all those things about her...like we are kids, y would u even involve my mom dummy? LOL she comes over everynight for dinner and i have to stay in my room to avoid being uncomfortable.. my sister is having a bday party for her son this wkend and i know that my bros gf will be there...how do i make it less uncomfortable w/o apologizing

RaulitosMommy

Asked by RaulitosMommy at 2:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• If you're not sorry, then don't apologize and don't act like you're guilty. The only reason to be uncomfortable is if you feel you were wrong. If you do, then own up, tell her you regret letting yourself say such ugly things, and that the two of you should handle it like adults.

And then, let it go. You can't control her actions or reactions, but you can control your own. Go have fun with your nephew and enjoy the day because it isn't about you or her, it's about him.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• First of all, if you want to be an adult you have to act like one! This he said, she said is BS.. That is high school crap.. IF you don't feel guilty about anything then don't worry about it.. I sure wouldn't let no one make me run to my room. I would stand my ground, I wouldn't run and hide. Especially if it was my house. You know, sometimes It takes a bigger person to apologize. Then I would just ignore her and enjoy the party as if she wasn't there..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 8:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Obviously, your family means a lot to you. Everyone makes mistakes, EVERYONE!!! It might bode well for you to apologize to everyone just to keep the peace. And apology is not always an admission of guilt; it's a statement that says "I'm sorry this happened". Yes, it takes an ADULT to be the bigger person in a situation like this. In order to have fun this weekend, I'd call everyone ahead of time and say, "You know what, she and I had a really big fight, and it was childish. I am sorry we got you involved. It was a stupid argument, and nobody else's business." And to her, say "We both said some things; but you've been with my brother for over a year. I don't want us to be uncomfortable around each other. I'm sorry for the way things turned out; and I'm sorry the family got involved." They should respect for that, and that will make things a whole lot better.
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i agree with jespeach, remember ovisouly she don't feel uncomfortable around u so u just go to the party and act like u did before this happened, and u shouldn't stay in ur room when she comes over, that makes her think u can't face her..
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Here is exactly what I would do: "Hey brother's gf. We need to talk about our fight. We both said some pretty awful things to each other that neither one of us really meant. I care about you and I think we should just put that fight behind us and move forward and try not to say mean things to each other anymore." Communicate without all the drama. Just the facts. If she is a bitch about it, then I would simply say my peace and then you are back on the good side of karma.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 10:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Put your smile on and show her up.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2008