When did you start carving pumpkins with your kids?

My dd's 2 1/2, so we are going to paint pumpkins instead. Well, she is, lol. (I"m still carving my own because I love roasted pumpkin seeds, lol).

But was curious as to when others started carving with their kids.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Our grandson was 10 months old his first Halloween and we started then... he of course did
    nothing but watch and maybe held onto a piece of the pumpkin...but that is when we started
    and now he is 9 and does most of the work his self...we of course watch over him and use
    those safety cutting tools you can buy, but he chooses his own designs and guts them and
    everything
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well we buy a pumpkin and let her take out the insides and dad carves it. we have been doing this since she was a year old.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We've done it every year since my little guy was born, but he's 8 and I still do most of the carving- he draws the face and pulls out the insides (with plastic gloves on cuz he says it feels disgusting!!)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we just stared last year ds was 3 n lil one was 10months
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm going to start this year..... age 2
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• we started "carving" pumpkins with my son when he was 2 months old. He just sat in his bobby on the table while I carved it but last year he was one and he gutted the pumpkins and then my husband and I carved them. This year we plan on doing the samething as last year and he is 2
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010