anyone scared of breastfeeding?

im goin to breastfeed when my babies get here but im kind of scared to do it. and ive been to several classes. i learn alot but they dont ease my fear.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 10:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was scared of breastfeeding too before my son was here, I knew I was going to BF but I was nervous.

Just remember the first 2-5 days are colostrum, so it's not much but it is thick and has everything your baby needs.

After that you will be engorged, some ppl don't but most do, and if you can pump it's a good time to stock up

around 3 months or so you will feel like you are not making enough, that is because of a growth spurt you baby should have around that time, and they feed more to prep you to make more milk

Don't scrub your nips or wash with soap, just rinse....helped me prevent chaffing and soreness

If you have to work or go back to school, FENUGREEK, is a herbal capsule, 100% safe, to increase your supply

Good Luck...this info was what I have learned from BF, it gets easier, seek an LLL if you have difficulties
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not now that I have about 3 years total under my belt between my two, but I remember before my first was born I was afraid of it a lot. Dont worry about it, it works out I promise. It can hurt some in the begining, but you can make it through it and soon enough you will love the bond that it brings between you and your babies!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Just remember to relax when they are in your arms.... Take deep breaths, and enjoy the bonding time with your sweet Babies... You will be fine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Don't worry, you will probably forget everything they taught you in class anyway when your babies arrive - because you will be running on Mommy Instinct! :) :) It's an amazing thing. You'll do great.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• what are you afraid of?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010