Question about hair color.

When you dye you hair with a semi or demi permanent hair color, does your hair return to it's natural color once the hair dye is washed out? Does it look just like it did before you dyed it, or is it altered somehow? Thank for you help! :)

MacyKaysMommy

Asked by MacyKaysMommy at 10:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use permanent. It does alter your hair. The only way to get the natural color back is to let it grow out!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• it depends.. sometimes some of the pigments can stay, so it may have a different tone...

but normally I'm a permanent person.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I normally use permanent, too. I have used the semi-permanent before, but it was over previously dyed hair. It was pretty much the same color as before, but slightly different. I'm not sure how it would work out on natural color, though. I've known a couple of people who used semi-permanent and it changed a lot, but I've also known some who used it and it didn't change at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I found that it doesn't stay the same color - because not all of it washes out, and it washes out at different rates. I found that it was duller in places, so ended up stripping it out and going back to permanent.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 12:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's supposed to, in theory. I would use only high quality products.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yeah it does
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2010