why do they have too do that?

so all older kids at daycare feel the need to pick up the younger ones? it drives me crazy my 2month old is haveing 4 and 5 year olds constantly wanting to hold him . I don't know what to tell the caregiver without upsetting her, that the children make me uneasy when holding xander

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why are 4 and 5 year olds anywhere near a 2 month old.
    I would never be okay with that, and i've never heard of it.

Is this an in-home?
    You have to say something.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You really need to talk to the caregiver and tell her you are uncomfortable with the kids holding the baby. I hope this is an inhome day care because prechoolers and infants should not be together in the same room otherwise.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• it is in home, i don't mind his brother and sister every once in while but with other children it concerns me because there is one that scares me a little bit
    natasha86

Comment by natasha86 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Just talk to her about it and let her know how you feel.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• oh i would tell her right away dont let kids touch my baby lol. that would drive me nuts
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You're concerned about your child's safety, that's what matters. If you're not comfortable with the other kids picking him up, then she should abide by your wishes. It doesn't sound like your child is being watched like he should be. I hope things work out for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Tell her not to let the other kids pick up your kid. she will understand.Babies are like dolls to the older kids. They just wanna play with them.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My kids go to a daycare and I caught the owners 12 year old daughter in the baby room holding him one day and I was just blunt with them. I told them I didn't think she belonged in the infant room and it bothered me for anyone but adults to be holding my son. I didn't want him to accidentally get hurt.

Thankfully they stopped allowing her in there (apparently her mom - the owner - had already told her NOT to go into the room but she wasn't listening and when the teacher asked her to leave she didn't).
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh and the other kids that see the baby always say, "OOh! A baby! Can I see him?" I hold him up high so they can see him but if they get too close I tell them, "We don't touch the baby. He is little and he could get hurt by accident." And smile. You could try doing that in front of her and then just subtly say, "Yeah, I feel VERY uneasy when a child holds him or something. I'm always worried he could get hurt."
    Maybe she will take the hint.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010