Does it work?

I've heard cocoa butter doesn't help stretch marks.. Then I've heard other people say it helps them from getting alot or something like that.. What is all your opinions on it?

jaycie_p07

Asked by jaycie_p07 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's better to use in preventing them. I don't think it works in getting rid of them though.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Right. Thats what I mean as in preventing them. I dont think anything works much to get rid of em just them fading away by their self or something. Idk though because I dont have any yet.
    jaycie_p07

Answer by jaycie_p07 at 3:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i heard its a myth, i dont have any. i rarely put "udder cream" on, i probably applied it half dozen times since i got pregnant. however, my mother and grandmother don't have them either. my friend was religious about lotioning up and has them everywhere. i just put it on when i was itchy.
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• When I asked my obgyn about it, she laughed, and said "If you're gonna get stretch marks, you're gonna get them, it's genetic." I got them really, really bad, and I used cocoa butter and vitamin E oil almost daily....it didn't help.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 5:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• With my oldest, I applied the stretchmark cream a few times a day. I have terrible stretchmarks. Your best bet at avoiding them is to stay hydrated. Don't waste your money on the expensive creams!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i used a lotion to prevent stretchmarks and it didnt help at all. my sister didnt use anything and she didnt get any, yet she got bigger than i did. this time im not using any. i can think of better use for my money.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• BEST thing you can do is drink a TON of water! Hydrating your skin from within. My sister and mother both got stretch marks....I gained 60lbs with my first and didn't get any (I used Palmers cream too though, but I think it was more the water that helped to prevent them) and I've gained 42lbs so far with this one and didn't get any again (plus, I'm 5 years older)! :)
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 10:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2008