What can I say...

My family just visited my Hubby and I the beginning of this month. My Hubby was stressed. I called my Mom two nights ago and she is already asking if my sisters can stay here for two days come the 24th, ( Making it 2 visits in one month).
The thing is they want to see this free concert in Henderson near where I live here in Nevada, so they want to stay in our home.
Should I tell them no? My daughter has school, my Hubby does not like the interuptions, and I get to be the maid.
I want to tell them no, but what is a polite, (lie), reason I can come up with?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• i would just say it's not a good time
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Lying is never the answer,

Be honest and tell them that there is just too much going on right now.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• tell me they should have asked first before volunterring themselves but also speak with your husband because those are your sister afterall they will always b in your life rather u and him are still married or not, u dont wanna risk a big blow up thats unnessasary
    +
    BabyNya913

Answer by BabyNya913 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You don't have to lie. Just let them know that it's not a good time right now with everything you have going on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You can tell them you already made plans for the weekend. Which isn't exactly a lie. I'm sure you already have some things to do that need to be done that you do every weekend.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Talk with your husband, and then tell your family what the two of you have decided. Don't lie. Lying is never the answer.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010