A second baby shower?

Do you think it is tacky to have a second baby shower IF your only child is four years or older and a different gender from what you are having?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 11:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not at all, everyone I know that has two or more children has a second baby shower.
    Ms.CsMommy

Answer by Ms.CsMommy at 11:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• different gender is okay, and 4+yrs is okay too..so I say heck yes
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think it's tacky. People insisted on throwing a second baby shower for me even though my kids were the same sex and only 2 years apart...I felt like that was pushing it, but they didn't really give me a choice in the matter. :-P

If you need items for this new baby, then go for it!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If a friend or family member wants to give you a shower....I say accept graciously and enjoy it!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think it is at all! It really helps when you are having a baby. I'm pregnant now and my son is 7yrs old so a babyshower would be wonderful seeing as how I have NO baby items at all.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had two baby showers and my kids were 13 months apart. In my case I just made it a celebration with no gifts required.
    In your case it would be the thing to do, since your child is soo much older and a different gender.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• well do you want to have to buy a crib, carseat, stroller, clothes, diapers, toiletries, and food for this new baby all on your own? of course not. your celebrating the anticipated birth of your child. it's not like a wedding shower. now in that instance if you've been married previously, a wedding shower is inappropriate.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 1:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no... i think it only is when you already had a same gender baby... unless its more then a decade down the road
    SUNFLOWER80T

Answer by SUNFLOWER80T at 9:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010