Sick toddler.

I was laying in bed playing with my toddler and he lifted his shirt to put his tummy on mines and he was really warm. I kissed his forehead and its also warm. My freaking thermometer isn't working and the medicine expired yesterday & I'm not will to take the chance and give it to him. Stores are close. He isn't moping around like he usually does so that's good. But what can I do to cool him off. He has had a bath. I put a cool rag on his head and gave him some ice water. Any other suggestions? He got this cold fromlaying under the air at night so its not an infection.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It's ok Momma! Just give him fluids, maybe a cool rag on his head, and some lovin. Keep an eye on him.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If he's acting find a fever is nothing to worry about.... so try not to stress. And he can't get a cold or illness from being cold.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• keep soaking the rag in cold water while putting it on the forehead
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Fluids. Let him in least amount as clothing as possible. Cool clothes. Cool Baths
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Cool but not COLD baths. If it's too cold it could send his body into shock!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 6:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would keep putting the cool rags on his head, and push fluids, chicken soup, jello, Popsicles.... I would also limit activity and encourage him to rest (maybe put cartoons or a favorite movie on and let him lay down on the sofa to watch it).  . Dress him in light clothing and do not bundle him up (cover with a light blanket or just a sheet).  I hope your little one feels better soon!  

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You don't get fevers from laying under the air, mama. You get them from germs. As long as he's acting fine there is no reason to give him a fever reducer. The fever is his body's way of fighting off whatever bug he's picked up. I hope he feels better soon. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Just give him time and fluids. His body will fight off the germs and he'll be ok.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 9:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• He's just a little warm? Give him something to drink, he'll be fine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010