Painting our house

The outside of our house

We are finishing up our house and we are debating on selling or renting, and then we are going to buy a new house, the inside has been completely renovated and is BEAUTIFUL. The outside...eeeehhhhh not so much :) We have spent a pretty penny over the last few years on the inside and that's okay but to sell the outside needs to look just as great.

The exterior main color is realllly light orange, I want to say the color of peach yogurt,...for visual sake

I want the borders to be Dark Forest Green and Purple Door, like egg plant.

The rest of the exterior is complete, there's rocks, stepping stones, and even a nice patch of grass, and a black gate.... I don't feel like getting the gate removed so it's staying.

My hubby is saying I am doing to much and I should keep it simple. I'm trying to be creative KWIM

do you like the colors I chose, or should I try again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We recently sold a house that was Mediterranean style. We had it painted earthy light beige with forest green shutters and we painted the door forest green also. It was a beautiful combo

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like the idea of dark green shutters, but I would keep the door in the same color as the shutters. Otherwise the outside might start to look too busy with such a wide color scheme.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 11:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Hmmm... I have to say no. Peach and forrest green, no way. BUT who knows, I might see it and totally change my mind. I think a purple door might be ok if the house and trim were in the same color scheme, so you don't have three totally different colors going on. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's really not my taste at all. Dark green, purple, and peach... It doesn't sit well with my brain. I'm sorry. =/
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If I saw that house, I would think to myself that there must have been a sale on those paint colors at Home Depot. Sorry, that just doesn't sound good at all. Unless the light orange is actually bricks that are that color and your house is a brick house, then you might be okay. Though, I would nix the purple door.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• paint the door the same color as the border..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010