Is dieting enough?

Is dieting enough or do you NEED to exercise in order to lose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh you can lose weight just by cutting back calories. But if you plan to lose alot, your body will not look good, it will be flabby and not toned. Plus most likely you will gain it all back and probably more. Its best to exercise, speed up metabloism, and it will be alot easier to maintain.
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes. I lost more than 80 pounds just dieting. I started to excercise after I lost most of the weight. I was younger then. I think it gets harder once you're over forty to lose weight by just dieting. At least that's what I've heard.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 12:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you exercise properly, you don't lose weight, but you do lose inches. This is because toning your muscles can hold help to hold in your internal organs, which automatically helps you shed inches around the waist.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Most people can lose weight without exercise, but getting all of it off...is harder, and to maintain the weight loss you usually have to exercise too. Exercise can speed up the weight loss for sure!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• you not only need to exercise to lose weight, you need to exercise to be healthy. you could have a perfect figure but if you don't exercise you will not be healthy and will be vulnerable to the same health issues an overweight person is vulnerable to
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• you don't necessarily need exercise to lose weight, but you do need it to be healthy. and to look good. it changes your shape, tones you, and since more muscles use more calories, it helps you keep the weight off.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I find that most people I talk to that have lost weight and kept it off long term (over a few years) exercise on a regular basis. Really, exercise is so good for everything from joints to cardiovascular health.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010