i have atleast one child thats up at any time of day or night!!!

As many of you know (cause i post a lot of questions :p) i have 3 kids, ages 4,2, and 4months.
Pick ANY time of day OR night and atleast one is awake! I havnt gotten more then 3hrs of sleep in 24hrs in i dont know how long! My 4 month old actually is my best sleeper. She will sleep from 10pm-8am normally with very few naps during the day. My 4yr old is up around 5am/6am and goes to bed at 9pm. He normally does not nap during the day. My 2 yr old (22 months actually) is a night owl. Shes is awake by 7/8am, naps from about 10-12:30 and 5-8pm during the day and is up ALL night!!! Iv tryed EVERYTHING in EVERY book i can find to change her sleeping habbits but nothing works! Shes even been givin sleep aid pills by her dr but she fights it off. Even if i keep her up during the day and put her to bed with the others, shes up by 1am.i need advice thats not from a book. Something different to try...?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 12:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Read the book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weisbluth. I'm not surprised @ all that your 2yr old is up half the night after having such a late afternoon nap. I would suggest cutting out the morning nap and doing something to tire her out instead. After lunch, give her a nap of no more than 2hrs. At 7pm, give all kids a bath, massage, & maybe read a book. Get them in bed around 7:30pm no later than 8pm. Try this schedule for at least 2 weeks religiously. It may not work the first few nights b/c they're so used to what they're doing now, but, keep @ it & be consistent. 9PM is way too late for a bedtime for a 4yr old and napping that late during the day is definitely going to cause nightly sleep disturbances. Putting them to bed for the nite @ an earlier time will surprisingly help them sleep longer. Being overly tired will absolutely keep you from a good day/night sleep. GOod Luck!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 12:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Cut out that last nap for your 2yr ole. Thats where she gettin her 2nd wind. Have your 4yr go to bed @ . Change up their activities in the day. you gonna have to do a lil try and err to see what works best.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010