What do you think of a woman that does not want to introduce her kids to her new man?

He knows about the kids but she don't want neither to meet. When the kids are with their daddy she is with him.She doesn't want to deal with the drama because her kids are bad. And she doesn't want to run him off.Do you think she is doing the right thing?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 12:23 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I think she's being smart
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No woman with kids should introduce the kids to a new man unless it is extremely serious and only then cautiously. Kids can form bonds quickly sometimes. No need in in needless hurt. Other than that it's her business.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I understand not wanting to run them off, but I do have one question...I understand some children are difficult to control, but if they are THAT bad, why isn't she doing something about that? I know that sounds really harsh, but....I completely support the idea of not introducing children to a dating partner until the relationship gets serious enough to be thinking long term, if not life long...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Best move ever! You don't want your kid to get attached to someone that the mom is not sure will be a good match for her. I applaude these protective moms!! Great job!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She never wants him to meet him
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Then it doesn't sound serious and I think she's smart.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Then there is something wrong. I was thinking along the same lines as the other Mom's when I first read the heading. She is being smart by keeping them away from eachother until they are committed and long term. That way the kids do not grow attached and have men come in and out of their lives. But as you state that does not seem like the reasoning for it so it is kind of sad.

Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• This was me in my last two relationships. My kids where not bad, they deserved to be protected. Both men had been friends to me in my past, and came around all these yrs later to reconnect with me. I wasnt sure how I felt about things with them and did my best to shelter my children from the drama of having a unstable relationship. I think I did the right thing by doing this. I made a promise to myself a long time ago when my abusive ex left, that I would keep the three of us safe and a family unit till they turned 18 and had lives of there own. I have done just that,,my dd just turned 18 and my son is not far behind...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If he isn't the type to ever meet your kids kick him to the curb unless its just a sex thing with him but I would make it clear to him that nothing could or would ever happen between you two as in the relationship department.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• A VERY SMART WOMAN!!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010