Worried (TMI)

So I went to the bathroom 3 times today and all three times, I had really big stools and stringy red blood in them. Does anyone know what could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Stringy? What do you mean by stringy? Could it have been mucous? The strings could be worms, but I don't know why they'd be present with blood. Was the blood black, dark red, or bright red? If the blood was bright red, you might have just gotten a fissure (a tear) because of the size of the stool. The stringy things could also be fibers from something you ate.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm sorry, you said stringy blood. I thought you said strings and blood. Not to be gross, but was the blood actually in it, our when you wipe?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It was in it.
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 12:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would call your doctor and ask them. It is probably bleeding from a hemorrhoid or a small rip in your rectum.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yea Im going to call them tomorrow morning. I missed my OB appointment today so I have to re schedule. Im 3 days from 40 weeks pregnant.
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 12:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yea, I'd call. If it was in it, it's probably something in your intestines or stomach. It could be a variety of things. Try not to worry, it could be something minor. They'll most likely going to want a stool sample. Best of luck, hope you're better soon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• not sure could just be hormons and ur body getting used to being pregnant
    kaykaylane

Answer by kaykaylane at 1:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• check your doc
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• talk to dr it could be the fact your getting close to delivery since your 3 days from 40 weeks
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i could be your mucus plug if your are that close.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010